Yanni Mexicanisimo – Mexican music with Yanni’s style
Yanni’s tribute to Mexico and its music
September 3, 2010 – “Yanni Mexicanísimo”,
Yanni’s new album dedicated as a tribute to Mexico,
has a great combination of Mexican music with the magic of Yanni’s style.
It includes Rancheras, Sones and Huapangos, among other styles,
that make this album a valuable collection piece.
It will be released simultaneously on October 19 in the United States, Mexico and Central America.
A set of concerts is also planned for October, especially in Mexico and the United States.
Mexican concerts will have Mariachi, Orchestra, and a Mexican folkloric ballet ensemble.
Mexican singers Lucero and Pepe Aguilar are guests in this album with the songs
“Mi Ciudad” and “Silverio Pérez” respectively.
The songs included in this album are:
1. “El Cascabel” by Lorenzo Barcelata (Son)
2. “Granada” by Agustín Lara (Paso Doble)
3. “La Bikina” by Alejandro Roth and Rubén Fuentes (Huapango)
4. “El Son de la Negra” by Silvestre Vargas and Rubén Fuentes (Son)
5. “Cielito Lindo” by Quirino Mendoza (Ranchera)
6. “Silverio Pérez” by Agustín Lara (participation of Pepe Aguilar) (Paso Doble)
7. “Guadalajara” by Pepe Guízar and Paul Lynn (Ranchera)
8. “Mi Ciudad” by Guadalupe Trigo and Eduardo Salas (participation of Lucero) (Ranchera)
9. “María Bonita” by Agustín Lara (Vals)
10. “La Culebra” by Silvestre Vargas and Rubén Fuentes (Son)
11. “La Malagueña” by Ernesto Lecuona (Huapango)
12. “México Lindo y Querido” by Jesús Monge (Ranchera)
“Mexico will always have a special place in my heart”, said Yanni.
“It is an honor to be part of this tribute to Mexico and its music during the Bicentennial celebrations.”